This is a very fast break down of everything you need to start using Ripe Atlas on the command line. Viewing public data is quick & easy, while creation is a little more complicated, since you need to setup your authorisation key.
Viewing Public Data¶
- Install the toolkit.
- View help with:
- View a basic report for a public measurement:
ripe-atlas report <measurement_id>
- View the live stream for a measurement:
ripe-atlas stream <measurement_id>
- Get a list of probes in ASN 3333:
ripe-atlas probes --asn 3333
- Get a list of measurements with the word “wikipedia” in them:
ripe-atlas measurements --search wikipedia
Creating a Measurement¶
- Log into RIPE Atlas. If you don’t have an account, you can create one there for free.
- Visit the API Keys page and create a new key
with the permission
Create a new user defined measurement
- Install the toolkit as below.
- Configure the toolkit to use your key with
ripe-atlas configure --set authorisation.create=MY_API_KEY
- View the help for measurement creation with
ripe-atlas measure --help
- Create a measurement with
ripe-atlas measure ping --target example.com